WineWorks is the leading contract wine-bottling operation in New Zealand with three plants based in Auckland, Hawkes Bay and Marlborough. Kiwi-owned, we pride ourselves on being “Trusted to bottle New Zealand for the World" by supplying manufacturing and logistics services to our valued clients, the winemakers. The cellar at our WineWorks Auckland plant is the first stage in the journey from the wine tanker that arrives from the winery to the bottle you buy from the supermarket shelf. The work of our cellar team is varied and interesting- a day will involve anything from unloading wine from tanks, to taking wine samples for testing, to cleaning tanks. Some of the work is physical, so we do need a degree of fitness but our team also need to be able to maintain accurate paperwork and records and to follow documented procedures.
We are currently looking for a Cellar hand to join this great team. You might be currently working in the food and beverage manufacturing industry, wine or brewing industry, or pharmaceuticals industry- what matters to us is attitude and enthusiasm- we can train you in the skills you will need. The wine industry is a fast-growing and exciting industry and there is plenty to learn, and room to grow! Our ideal candidate for this position will be eager to work in a dynamic, fast moving environment, with a great work ethic to get the job done right first time. We want to hear from you if you are:
- committed to excellence and quality with a great eye for detail, and a pride in getting it “right first time”
- focussed on service with demonstrated ability to deal with our clients in a professional manner
- reliable, punctual, have a degree of flexibility and the ability to work overtime if necessary
- health and safety focused
- able to work in a team, to assist others, and be able to ask for assistance when needed
- able to manage your time – prioritising and working under pressure to meet deadlines
- able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
If you have applied for a similar role previously, you do not have to apply for this current advert.
All applicants MUST be a New Zealand Citizen or have Permanent Resident status.