WineWorks is currently seeking a Filler Operator who will be primarily responsible for the operation and maintenance of all Depalletiser & Filler Room machinery, working in conjunction with the external customer and internal departments to ensure a safe quality product is produced in accordance with national and international industry standards.
This Filler Operator will be reporting to the Production Supervisor. The position shift hours are generally from 1.30pm to 10.00pm, 5 days a week. Due to covering annual leave and training requirements in the small team, there will be times when hours may vary to ensure production remains constant.
The ideal candidate for this position will be eager to work in a dynamic, fast moving environment, have a reasonable standard of fitness, and most importantly have a great work ethic to get the job right first time.
Applications for this role must have the following experience
- Manufacturing experience
- Worked in a food environment (preferred but not essential)
- Mechanically astute
- Planning and organising skills
- Continuous improvement orientation
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Thorough understanding of Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Quality focussed
- Strong people, customer service and continuous improvement orientation
Successful applicants will have the following attributes and skills
- High level of troubleshooting ability
- Excellent team player
- High drive for results and aspiration for excellence
- A do it now and do it right first time attitude
- Strong verbal, written and computer skills
- Machine operation or bottling line experience is ideal
- An understanding and practicing of lean principles would be ideal but not essential
- Forklift and First aid experience would be ideal but not essential.
All applicants must be a New Zealand Citizen or have Permanent Resident status as determined by New Zealand immigration department. WineWorks has a drug and alcohol policy and the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment screening.
If you are a Trade Me or Seek applicant please ensure you complete WineWorks Application Form.